Walking into the garden . . .

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Up and Sew, Here We Go!

Yesterday the call came in: My lovely sewing machine has been overhauled and is ready for me to pick up!!! Have no doubt that as soon as my precious toddler awakens from her nap, I'll be rushing out that door, hopping on the bus with the wheely-cart and picking that Elna up!!! Also, the arm for my bike trailer has come in at the bike shop, so we'll also be picking that up. I may also, if the ambition strikes me, be stopping in on that discount fabric and notion shop I noticed beside the teacher supply store during our shopping spree the other day. I think it may be wise to pace myself a bit, see what I have to work with, and then go and get more supplies.
My wonderful room-mate has installed shelves on the wall above my desk(yet unpainted) where my lovely treasured sewing machine is to go upon her return home! I am hoping to take the time tonight after T is down to go through all of my fabric and notions and organize the space. I also must go through all of my crazily cluttered desk drawers! .... >.< Not looking forward to that part so much, however the end result will be well worth it!
Yesterday I cleaned the house when Chris took T out for an evening walk to the far away store to purchase some juice and Valerian Root Tincture(that is how much I have been stressing, which has been resulting in pain of the head and neck, and body overall). I noticed that the headache I had been feeling for hours diminished. My house got clean, and I felt better. Then, something else magical happened...I went to bed at a reasonable hour! That is why I am blogging in the afternoon. I am going to try to limit myself to going online while T is napping, as opposed to the usual after she's gone to bed. I felt SO good this morning! I know my clean house had something to do with it, and I also do not even think about underestimating the great importance of sleep, that I somehow forgot about! I woke up with T without much difficulty and even scrubbed the bathroom and the kitchen floor, as well as the outsides of cupboards and the fridge. It felt SO good to be able to do this. I feel that as I am now caught up on this, perhaps I will have a better foundation to introduce the schedule/routines that I have been struggling with.
I also called my Mama, and she is going to come and support me for a bit, observe me and give me some advice. I feel very comforted knowing this. I am unsure of specifically when she is coming, but just knowing she is helps me to relax a little bit.
I am looking towards my future, and at my present with great enthusiasm and excitement, as it stands in this moment.
Thank you life for giving me this reprieve!
In Love!
-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. how exciting to get back the tool to your creativity!
    glad to hear you're feeling better. lack of sleep has been an enormous issue since having my girl. that little extra makes a difference.
    all that electro-magnetic stuff going on whilst online can have a dramatic effect on our mental bodies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Good call. I am excited to potentially spend some time in the evening sewing or with a crochet hook and some yarn!
    I have now set up my sewing nook and my machine is home! Weeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete