Walking into the garden . . .

Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's That "It's evening and I want time to myself but my kid's still awake," Thing.

Today was a good day. I have decided to wake up early so as to be more productive during the early part of the day, and so feel better in the evenings. So, I have brought an alarm clock into my room and set it to wake me with the radio at 7:00am. This morning it went off for the first time...much too loud. Though I have to say, Tyler slept in her own bed (a lovely bed roll made with a heavy woven cotton blanket and many wool blankets I was inspired to throw together over the plastic crib mattress I used to lay on the ground for her after watching a video about the toxins that children in our age are being exposed to) all night! She woke up at 6:00 in the morning, crawled into bed with me and nursed back to sleep. She didn't wake again until the overkill radio alarm went off. This was okay though. I was in a space of acceptance.
We had a nice morning. I baked bread, we had some breakfast, did some sunshine bathing and such. Then she was ready for a nap and by about 10:30am she was out. She slept until just before 1:00pm. And so, the rest of our day went on. We ended up going on a trip to the library.
At the library we saw her dad. This was a bit intense for me as about a month ago he cut out of her life completely, but she seemed fine. They hung out in the kids section reading and playing together for a good chunk of time. Then it was time for us to go and eat and her dad to go on with his day, and so goodbyes were said. I don't know where anything stands with that now.
And so, ultra hungry we snacked on the walk home. T was getting sleepy and I was pushing her to stay awake long enough that it was a reasonable time when she went to bed, ensuring a reasonably timed wake up tomorrow. And so, after a snacking supper, a book, a bath, jammies and a few pages of another book, she was more than ready to get sleeping. This, however, was not to be so. My room-mate, I had failed to remember told me, now began to mow the lawn. . .right outside our window. . .which was open.
Now I have a wide awake child and I am feeling the extreme missing of a chocolate bar now that I have consciously chosen to not participate in the ridiculousness and harms of imported food. I am sure this will happen many times more before I find an alternative, or get over it. :)
Anyways, I am in a space of needing to be able to breathe in my own space, as an adult and as an individual, and I have a needy awake 2 year old.
Thankfully Chris has taken to hanging out with T, and I get to retreat into "the office" and take some much needed time to myself....writing about how I wished T was in bed. >.< does go to sleep that is. ^.^

I am going to wake up at 7:00 tomorrow as well. I am excited to see how productive and active I can be once I get into the flow with a new routine!

Much love.
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment